Sunday, May 29, 2016

Eagles of Death Metal, Newport Music Hall, Columbus, Ohio 5/28/16

     This was my first time seeing Eagles of Death Metal. And what a great show that I hope it is not my last! I wore my Iggy Pop Post Pop Depression Tour t-shirt, which brought a number of "Hey, cool shirt. Did you see them on the tour?" Yes was the answer -- and an original member of Eagles of Death Metal was featured on that tour: Josh Homme.
     I thought the pictures from this show turned out really well. So I am gonna let them do the talking. Great show with awesome musicianship -- these guys can rock! The band seemed to have as much fun putting on a show as the crowd enjoyed seeing it. And EODM threw more guitar picks into the audience than anyone (except maybe Cheap Trick) -- I almost got one (maybe next time!). Thanks for the great show, Eagles of Death Metal!

 Stage banner

 Jesse Hughes of Eagles of Death Metal

Dave Catching (guitar), Jorma Vik (drums), and Matt McJunkins (bass) of EODM 

Eagles of Death Metal

Jesse Hughes

I had never seen anyone go into the balcony at Newport until Jesse did it that night!

People in the balcony seemed stunned that Jesse was up there. Cool moment.

Dave Catching doing a guitar solo.

Eagles of Death Metal

No comments:

Post a Comment